TheBestWill Privacy Statement
(Updated May 2018)
Who We Are
Our website address is: http://thebestwill.com (referred to as “website” or “site” in this policy document).
TheBestWill is operated by P & G Publishing Limited, a company registered in Ireland No. 336301 (collectively referred to as “TheBestWill”, “we” or “us” in this policy document).
At TheBestWill, we are committed to your privacy rights and maintaining your trust and confidence as a visitor to this website.
We handle your data fairly, transparently and legally at all times.
We want you to know that we do not sell, rent or trade your email address with other companies and businesses for marketing purposes.
– what data we collect
– when we collect it
– why we collect it
– how we use it
– the limited conditions under which we may share and disclose it to others
– how we keep it secure to ensure your privacy is maintained
– your legal rights relating to it
What Data We Collect
We have one contact form on our website.
By using these forms TheBestWill may collect the following information about you:
– your nam and email address
– your IP address (applies to fundraisers and sponsors)
Your IP Address
We use your IP address to help administer our website. Your IP address is only used to gather broad demographic information about you such as your location.
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on a site visitor’s browser, normally used to track their movements and actions on a site.
In accordance with the GDPR, we must inform our users that we are using cookies on our site.
You may clear your browser cookies at any time. This will not adversely impact your experience of using our website.
Why We Collect Data
TheBestWill uses personal data:
– to provide a service
– to handle any customer service interactions
When We Collect Data
Each form provides clear and transparent details, at the point of collection, of exactly the data we collect and why we collect it.
Who We Share Your Data With
TheBestWill does not share your data.
What Data We Share
TheBestWill does not share your data.
How We Safeguard Your Data
TheBestWill is committed to ensuring your data is safe and secure.
Our security measures include:
– security controls which protect our website from external attack and unauthorised access.
– Only individuals with Administrator level permissions can view form submissions.
How Long We Retain Your Data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. and allowing for any legal or contractual obligation for us to retain it.
As a general rule, we retain data for a period of 6 years after we cease providing service.
Once the retention period has expired the data is permanently deleted.
Our Legal Basis For Processing Your Data
TheBestWill collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
– the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
– complying with our legal obligations.
Our legitimate interests
The legal basis for processing customer data is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of TheBestWill, including:
– supplying services to our customers
– complying with our legal and regulatory obligations
– handling customer contacts, queries or complaints
Your Rights Regarding Your Data
You have the following rights:
– the right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access);
If you submitted data on our website you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
– the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability).
– the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification);
If you submitted data on our website you can request to update and correct any out-of-date personal data we hold about you.
– the right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to “be forgotten”).
This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com
– You have the right to complain to the Data Protection Commissioner (DPC) in respect of any processing of your data. They may be contacted by:
Phone: +353 57 8684800 or +353 76 1104800 or 1890 252 231
Post: Data Protection Commissioner, Canal House Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois
Please note that the above rights are not always absolute and there may be some limitations.
There is no fee for exercising any of your above rights unless your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. We reserve the right to refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We may need to verify your identity if we have reasonable doubt as to your identify. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to access it.
Other Sites And Their Privacy Policies
We may link to other external sites such as social media or payment processors.
TheBestWill is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites or for the privacy policies and practices of other third parties.
This policy was last updated in May 2018.